The County of Kern needed a web mapping application to improve access to parcel and address-based information for its staff and citizens. Given its limited budget, the County needed a framework for creating web mapping applications that can be readily maintained and extended by internal programming staff and that will integrate into their existing ESRI ArcGIS Server based geographic information system.
Farallon developed a property-based community services locator for the County to support its citizens’ ability to identify essential services.
Key features of this application include:
- Simple, smart address-based and map-based property searches
- High-performance and intuitive user interface
- Integrates with external applications
- Easily extended flexible and elegant reporting pattern
The Farallon web-mapping template, used in the design and implementation of the project, provides the following technical components:
- ESRI’s REST API was used exclusively on the back end to provide easily managed access to the GIS data, geoprocessing scripts, geocoding engine, and map tile caches.
Screenshots & Videos
Use the map to select a property of interest. Then click on a list of features in the left panel to find out more. Clicking on the Franklin Elementary link, shows the extent of the school district that the property falls into.
Address searches are very fast and intelligent. The application search automatically displays possible matches based on user input.